This year, in conjunction with our in-person North Fork Foodie Tour (which is scheduled for Sunday, September 12 from 10 am to 4 pm), we are planning an on line Silent Auction! The auction will run from August 28 – September 12. The winning bids will be announced on September 12 at 6:00 pm. We are asking our members and friends to start thinking creatively about what each of you can donate to the auction. Items could include experiences such as:
- Zoom or in-person lessons based on your particular skills (such as guitar or piano lessons, photography, bridge or golf lessons, cooking lessons)
- a sail on your boat
- dinner at your house or a local restaurant
- lunch and an afternoon at your pool
- a private consultation with master gardener
- tour of a winery and discounted wine
- a one-to-four week vacation at your vacation condo
Other items you might wish to donate include:
- home furnishings or accessories
- hotel points or airline miles
Here’s what we need you to do:
1. Think about what you can donate for the Silent Auction.
2. Take a photo of the item, and write a brief description of the item you are donating. If you are donating a service or gift certificate, please write a brief description.
Please start thinking about what you can offer and send us the information as soon as you decide. If you know of business which might provide items or gift certificates to be included in the auction, let us know. If you have any questions, please email or call Ellen Zimmerman at 917-903-4228.