Parchment paper cut to fit the bottom of your pan
Pam spray or butter
- Separate eggs into 2 separate bowls.
- To the egg yolks add: rum if using and the vanilla
- In large bowl of your stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, salt and Nutella until smooth.
- Add the egg yolk mixture slowly and scrape down bowl until totally incorporated.
- Add the ground hazelnuts and mix.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix.
- In a separate, clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form but the mixture does not look dry.
- Add one large scoop of the whipped egg whites and fold into your chocolate mixture.
- Combine and then gently fold in the rest of the whites until combined. You do not want to see any white left in your batter.
- Spray or butter your pan and line with parchment. Spray the parchment as well.
- Pour your batter into the pan and smooth the top so it’s even.
- Bake in oven about 40 minutes; 20 minutes, then rotate and another 20 minutes.
- Everyone’s oven is different, so you may need a little more or a little less time.
- Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Sift powdered sugar over the cake and serve.